Thursday, October 4, 2007

It looks like it's going to be hot in Chicago!

After all my assurances to you that it would be easier to run in Chicago because it would be MUCH cooler, I am, yet again, proved wrong. But, just think how your training in Mississippi has you prepared for the rigors of running in the 60 to 70 degree heat!!!!! I would NOT wear long pants or leggings or tights because you cannot take those off during the race and you probably are going to get HOT, HOT, HOT! At least you don't have to wear layers and layers and layers, huh???? But, these are the conditions you have trained in so you KNOW that you can do it and finish while some of the people from the colder climates may have a meltdown! Surely the humidity will be lower there and for sure, there will be lots of people cheering you on and lots of entertainment along the way. I'm gonna try to keep up with you guys on Sunday with my laptop so send me your race numbers if you want me to!!!! And, your cell phone numbers and I'll call to congratulate you when you're done.

2 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

We will miss you, Carol! Thanks for all of your support!

lisathehornplayingturtle said...

Carol,
Hope you're hanging in there. I've been thinking about you. I'll be in Cleveland next Monday night for a concert. If you're there, I'd love to get up with you. I'll call you soon.

Carol and Courtney dancing!

Carol and Courtney dancing!