Sunday, March 23, 2008

I joined a new club on Friday

After going through lots of uncertainty and tests since I found out that there was an abnormality on my mammogram on the night of February 5th, I found out on Friday that, unfortunately and fortunately, my diagnosis was not benign. The odds were that it would be benign so I tried to remain upbeat but somehow, deep down, I knew that this was malignant. But, on the bright and fortunate side of things, I am a walking poster child for yearly mammograms as this lesion was not palpable and found only on my routine mammogram. So, although I have now joined the Breast Cancer Survivor club, I have joined on the most favorable terms possible, and my prognosis is essentially for 100% survival with treatment. The treatment plan is not certain yet as the path report is not final yet and I have not yet had my breat MRI but I will do whatever is neccessary and will beat this beast! I plan to run in the Race for the Cure here in Central MS on April 5th and then to do the breast cancer 3 day walk in Atlanta in October with my friend Donna who also is a member of the club and has finished her treatment already!

3 comments:

The Miller's Blog said...

Thanks for posting, Carol. I still have you on my google reader.

I had no idea. Wow. What a shocker. Know that you are in my prayers and thoughts and I can't imagine what you are going through. Keep me posted. I am glad that the overall prognosis is good, but I know that it is still a scary thing. God is with you and so are my prayers. Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

Hey....Carol...glad you caught this thing....and great to know that you are still out there....keep blogging...it is good to keep up with everyone....take care of yourself and keep us posted..Patti G.

Chicago_or_Bust said...

Carol,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, Hopefully it will not be an aggressive tumor and you can get a good prognosis!

We will be praying for you - you are a marathoner!

Clark

Carol and Courtney dancing!

Carol and Courtney dancing!